Our aim is to work closely with you to provide you with a stress free solution to giving your participants an expedition programme that gives them a positive, challenging and rewarding experience. At Adtrex our highly experienced and qualified team have extensive knowledge and experience of running DofE expeditions and training. Our tried and tested programme trains and practices participants, developing their skills, knowledge and experience to a level that ensures they are fully equipped to have the best chance of success on their qualifying expedition. Throughout the training and expeditions we are always striving to ensure that the service and safety that we provide is of the highest standard. This all ensures that participants have a challenging, fun but most importantly a safe and positive experience.
Our systematic, progressive programme of training, planning, practice and qualifying expeditions is tried and tested to prepare participants for success.
Training & Planning -
Duration: 2 days
Location: Your venue
During this initial stage of the programme our experienced and qualified staff provide participants with all of the training, knowledge and top tips to arrive on their training and practice expedition.
Training & Practice Expedition -
Location: Brecon Beacons National Park
During the training and practice expedition participants gain further knowledge and training to fully prepare them to complete an unaccompanied self-sufficient practice expedition. On day one and two participants are eased into the challenges of expedition life spending both days with one of our experienced and qualified staff learning and developing the practical expedition skills to allow them to go on to complete a 3 day unaccompanied self-sufficient practice expedition. Participants will take ownership of their practice expedition but we will be monitoring their progress via satellite tracking and our staff will meet the teams along the way to check everything is going ok and be on hand should a team need assistance.
Qualifying Expedition -
Duration: 5 days
Location: Snowdonia National Park
On arrival participants are met by their assessor and expedition supervisor who will then spend time working with the team to ensure they are ready to undertake their qualifying venture. Safety, routes, equipment and emergency procedures are discussed and checked before the team then begin their expedition. As per DofE rules and 20 conditions teams must be self-sufficient during the expedition however we will be monitoring the teams progress via satellite tracking as well as our supervisors and assessors being on the ground meeting the team as required to ensure safety and wellbeing as well as being available if the team require assistance.
At all stages of the training, planning, practice and qualifying expeditions participants and teams will receive a 1 to 1 review with their trainer, supervisor and assessor so as to keep them on track.
- Initial planning meeting with you
- Meeting with staff, parents and participants
- Participant Expedition Information Pack (kit list, guidance & advice for participants)
- Training and planning – 2 days
- Training and practice expedition – 5 days
- Qualifying expedition – 5 days
- Qualified and experienced instructors for training
- Qualified and experienced supervisors and assessors on expedition
- Satellite tracking of teams (SPOT)
- Campsite fees for participants and staff
- Use of our high quality team equipment: tents, group shelters, gas trangia stoves, stove fuel, waterproof maps, compasses, first aid kits, high visibility vests and rucksack covers
- Post training and expedition review with participants and leaders
What's not included
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Transport to and from training and expedition venues
- Personal accident and equipment insurance
- Expedition food
£440.00 + VAT per person
What to do next?
If this all sounds good and you would like to make a booking or know more, contact us to arrange an initial planning meeting or to have an informal chat.