This document sets out what you can expect from ADTREX and what your obligations are.
ADTREX accept bookings on the following conditions;
Bookings, Payments and Cancellations
- If sending the payment by electronic bank transfer, you must pay your fees (remitter) and our fees (beneficiary). Cheques must be made payable in sterling.
- Payment of the course fee is due 30 days before the course start date. If the final balance is not received within this time frame, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- Bookings made after the balance due date may be accepted at the discretion of ADTREX providing that the balance is paid in full at the time of booking.
- The price quoted at the time of booking includes only what is stated for the relevant course.
- Should you cancel we must be notified in writing and charges will apply. For courses; Between 14 - 28 days before course = 50% of total course cost. Less than 14 days = total cost of course.
- Should we be forced to cancel due to reasons beyond our control, an alternative will be offered or a full refund given.
- Every effort will be made to adhere to the published itinerary. However, due to the nature of our courses, changes may have to take place and sometimes at short notice. We will try to inform you of any such changes as soon as we know about them (such as change of date or venue) but accept no liability for such changes.
All payments made to ADTREX are held in a trust account in order to protect client’s payments. This allows us to refund you any monies due should ADTREX become insolvent.
- Each course will be delivered by a qualified ADTREX instructor.
- The Course Director/Instructor will do his / her utmost to ensure your course runs smoothly. By completing the booking form you agree that the Course Director/Instructor has the authority to make decisions that may affect the group or individuals. For example, if a participant of the course acts illegally or inappropriately or is in an unfit state to carry on, the Course Director/Instructor has the right to ask them to leave the course.
- A client who chooses to leave the course or is asked to do so will not be entitled to any refund or compensation. Refunds or compensation will be at the discretion of ADTREX.
- ADTREX will require you to complete a medical questionnaire and declaration for most courses.
- We may require you to obtain confirmation from a medical professional that you are fit to participate in the course you have booked on to.
- If after making the medical declaration you have any further illnesses, injuries or come into contact with infectious diseases, it is your responsibility to notify ADTREX immediately.
Appeals & Complaints Procedure
- If participants wish to complain about the course they must follow our Complaints Procedure. Participants wishing to appeal must do so within 14 days of receiving the disputed assessment decision.
- Candidates wishing to complain or appeal should contact ADTREX.
- Candidates are advised to keep copies of all documents relating to the appeal.
Parental Consent (If under 18)
- By agreeing to these conditions you authorise the Course Director/Instructor to take emergency decisions on your behalf, including the giving of permission for medical treatment on the advice of the medical authorities present having taken the medical information listed into account.
- We will not be held responsible for illness, injury or death sustained on one of our courses unless it is a direct result of negligence by one of our staff.
- We will not be held responsible for loss, damage or theft of any personal property.
- We advise you to have personal insurance for all of our activities and request that it specifically covers the adventurous activities that will take place.
- We are insured for public, professional and employer’s liability for £5 million.
- On booking, you will be provided with an equipment list relevant to your course.
- Equipment on loan from ADTREX must be returned in good condition. Lost or damaged equipment will be charged at the RRP.
- These booking conditions may only be amended by Scott Smith. Any such amendments will only be considered in special circumstances.
- When making a booking, it is implied that you have accepted and understood the booking conditions.
- By agreeing to these conditions, you give your consent for us to take and use photographs of you/your son/daughter/ward during the course and use them for publicity purposes.